11/18/2009

First day @ Spitalfield market

This wednesday @ Spitalfield market was dead quiet...
Luckily I sold a hair comb to a group of 4 Spanish girls and Bettina came to visit and bought a little horse brooch.
Some people did not sell a single item... I was there from 9 am this morning after a rather slow and packed journey by train to Liverpool Street, until 5 pm, when I decided to copy the other traders and pack.

After my first day, I learnt and realised that my stall needs some improvement:

- a black curtain long enough with some photos of my models with different types of hair trying on the accessorizes
- a polystyrene head with hair and a hair clip, as some people thought these were brooches
- some black panels to display the products and pin the brooches as laying them on the table makes it flat and not visible.

I don't think its worth to go back next wednesday but on sunday I'll try the street in Bricklane full of passers by


No comments:

Post a Comment